Parental allowance application Schleswig-Holstein - applications, attachments and templates
Parental allowance application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus
In the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein, the state offices for social services (“Landesämter für soziale Dienste”) are responsible for reviewing applications for parental allowance. Parents who are resident in Schleswig-Holstein must submit their application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus at one of the 4 state offices. We have summarized below what else you need to know as a parent before you process your parental allowance application and submit it to your parental allowance office in Schleswig-Holstein.
We are here for you
You have questions about your parental allowance application in the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein, the Parental allowance software or about our Parental allowance consulting?
Application for parental allowance Schleswig-Holstein: Free download as PDF
Here you can download the application form for parental allowance for Schleswig-Holstein free of charge in PDF format. Also read our notes on the parental allowance application, as well as the explanations for self-employed persons and single parents.
For births from 01.09.2021
- Application for parental allowance Schleswig-Holstein (PDF file)
- Attachment A (Certificates)
- Attachment B (Declaration of income)
- Attachment C (income from profits)
- Attachment D (Determination of the reference period)
- Information sheet parental allowance and parental leave
- Additional information sheet
For births until 31.08.2021
Parental allowance application form Schleswig-Holstein - Our video filling out help
The parental allowance application forms are sometimes very complicated. In our video “Parental allowance application Schleswig-Holstein – Our video filling out help”, we show you how to complete the parental allowance application using an example case.
Which parental allowance office is responsible for me in Schleswig-Holstein?
Are you planning to apply for parental allowance for your family to provide financial support while caring for your child? Then you should find out which parental allowance office is the contact for your parental allowance application in Schleswig-Holstein. In the state of Schleswig-Holstein, the state offices for social services (“Landesämter für soziale Dienste”) will check your application forms. The parental allowance offices are located in Heide, Lübeck, Schleswig and Neumünster. Under the following link you will find all important contact addresses and web links of the individual parental allowance offices in your federal state. We will be happy to assist you in clarifying further questions regarding your application forms and your entitlement to basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus in Schleswig-Holstein.
Here you will find information about the Parental allowance office Schleswig-Holstein.
The safest way to apply for parental allowance in Schleswig-Holstein
To make your application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus as straightforward as possible for your family, we have put together some valuable practical tips. This information is intended to help you prepare and fill out the forms for applying for parental allowance in Schleswig-Holstein and prevent delays at the parental allowance office.
- Deal with the topic early and try to plan the best parental allowance for your life situation
- Optimize their income before the birth
- Prepare the applications (parental allowance, child benefit, maternity leave payment, etc.) already before the birth
- After the birth, gather all the required documents (proofs, certificates, etc.) as soon as possible so that your applications can be submitted to the parental allowance office as soon as possible.
What do you need for the parental allowance application?
In addition to the actual application form, a complete application for parental allowance in the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein also includes attachments such as certificates of your income, your child’s birth certificate, documents from your employer and health insurance company, identification documents of the parents, and any existing notices regarding ALGI, sickness compensation. Only when these prerequisites are available in your documents can the responsible parental allowance office check your entitlement to parental allowance or parental allowance plus. Therefore, make sure that all personal certificates and periods are complete and correct so that no complications arise.
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate
- Proof of income
- Certificates from the health insurance company
- Certificates from the employer
- Identity cards
- Approval notices (recipients of ALG I, sickness compensation, etc.)
- passport and residence permit, if applicable
- Income tax notice, etc.
Tips for the parental allowance application
- 1. Optimize your prenatal income The amount of your parental allowance is based on your prenatal income. Try to optimize your prenatal income with regard to parental allowance.
- 2. Plan your reference period Every family situation is different. Think carefully about which reference option is best for your life situation. Compare alternatives and consider your needs/ideas and those of your partner, employer, etc.
- 3. Prepare the applications and the required documents in the best possible way Get an overview of all the required certificates and documents for the parental allowance application in Schleswig-Holstein to make it easier to fill out the forms and optimize the application process at the parental allowance office.
Online parental allowance application for Schleswig-Holstein
Schleswig-Holstein offers the possibility to fill out an application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus online. To do this, parents must register on the digital platform ElterngeldDigital. After filling out your application forms, the application should be printed out and signed and sent to the responsible parental allowance office.
Practical functions such as the favorability test, additional earnings calculator and intelligent reference period planner are offered by our Parental Allowance Software.
FAQ: Parental allowance application Schleswig-Holstein
- Where should I send the application for parental allowance in Schleswig-Holstein?
- Where must the parental allowance application be submitted?
- How long does the processing time of the parental allowance application take in Schleswig-Holstein?
- Is it possible to fill out the parental allowance application online?
- From when can the parental allowance application be submitted?