Parental allowance application Lower Saxony - applications, attachments and templates
Parental allowance application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus
In the federal state of Lower Saxony, the individual counties are responsible for determining the entitlement to Parental allowance responsible. Parents who are resident in Lower Saxony must submit their application for parental allowance and parental allowance plus to the parental allowance office in your district. A list of all parental allowance offices as well as topics that you should still consider when applying for parental allowance in the state of Lower Saxony can be found below.
We are here for you
You have questions about your application for parental allowance in the federal state of Lower Saxony, the Parental allowance software or about our Parental allowance consulting?
Application for parental allowance Lower Saxony: Free download as PDF
Here we provide you with the application form for parental allowance in the federal state of Lower Saxony free of charge. Just download the PDF file and get additional information about the parental allowance application and important explanations for self-employed as well as single parents.
Applications to be used from 01.01.2023
For births from 01.09.2021
For births until 31.08.2021
Parental allowance application form Lower Saxony - Our video filling out help
The parental allowance application forms are sometimes very complicated. In our video “Parental allowance application Lower Saxony – Our video filling out help”, we show you how to complete the parental allowance application using an example case.
Which parental allowance office is responsible for me in Lower Saxony?
If you are unsure to which authority you should send your application for basic parental allowance or parental allowance plus, we will be happy to help you find your way. In the federal state of Lower Saxony, the individual districts are responsible for processing parental allowance applications. Therefore, you can determine the responsible parental allowance office in Lower Saxony based on your place of residence. You can find all the parental allowance offices in your federal state under the following link. Do you still have questions about applying for basic parental allowance or parental allowance plus? Then we will be happy to assist you!
Here you will find information about the Parental allowance office Lower Saxony.
The safest way to apply for parental allowance in Lower Saxony
To make applying for parental allowance as uncomplicated as possible for you and your family, we have listed a number of aids. You will optimize the application process for yourself if you follow these points when preparing and applying for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus in the state of Lower Saxony.
- Deal with the topic early and try to plan the best parental allowance for your life situation
- Optimize their income before the birth
- Prepare the applications (parental allowance, child benefit, maternity leave payment, etc.) already before the birth
- After the birth, gather all the required documents (proofs, certificates, etc.) as soon as possible so that your applications can be submitted to the parental allowance office as soon as possible.
What do you need for the parental allowance application?
We advise all parents to deal in detail with all requirements and necessary documents before applying for parental allowance. In addition to the actual application form, the responsible parental allowance office in Lower Saxony also expects you to provide certificates of your income, your child’s birth certificate, documents from your employer and health insurance company, identification documents of the parents, and any existing notices regarding ALGI or sickness compensation. Please make sure that all personal certificates and periods are correct and all documents are complete when completing your forms in order to optimize the application for parental allowance.
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate
- Proof of income
- Certificates from the health insurance company
- Certificates from the employer
- Identity cards
- Approval notices (recipients of ALG I, sickness compensation, etc.)
- passport and residence permit, if applicable
- Income tax notice, etc.
Tips for the parental allowance application
- 1. Optimize your prenatal income The amount of your parental allowance is based on your prenatal income. Try to optimize your prenatal income with regard to parental allowance.
- 2. Plan your reference period Every family situation is different. Think carefully about which reference option is best for your life situation. Compare alternatives and consider your needs/ideas and those of your partner, employer, etc.
- 3. Prepare the applications and the required documents in the best possible way Get an overview of all the required certificates and documents for the parental allowance application in Lower Saxony to make it easier to fill out the forms and optimize the application process at the parental allowance office.
Online parental allowance application for Lower Saxony
Lower Saxony has been supported by ElterngeldDigital since spring 2022. After registering, you fill out the application, print it out, and send it by mail to the parental allowance office. At the current time, a completely digital variant (without printing/mailing) is not possible. In the online portal, parents can also save their application and continue the application forms at a later time.
If you are interested in features such as the favorability test, additional earnings calculator and intelligent reference period planner, you should download our Parental Allowance Software. The parental allowance software helps you fill out your forms and makes the application process much easier.
FAQ: Parental allowance application Lower Saxony
Where should I send the application for parental allowance in Lower Saxony?
Where must the parental allowance application be submitted?
How long does the processing time of the parental allowance application take in Lower Saxony?
Is it possible to fill out the parental allowance application online?
From when can the parental allowance application be submitted?