Parental allowance application Berlin - applications, attachments and templates
Parental allowance application for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus
Parents who reside in Berlin must first determine which parental allowance office is responsible for them before applying for parental allowance. In Berlin, the respective youth welfare offices in the districts of residence are responsible for processing applications for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus.
What else is important for you with regard to applying for parental allowance in Berlin, we have compiled below.
We are here for you
You have questions about your application for parental allowance in the federal state of Berlin, the Parental allowance software or about our Parental allowance consulting?
Parental allowance application Berlin: Free download as PDF
If you are a resident of Berlin and would like to apply for parental allowance for your family, you can download the application form here free of charge. Additional documents are provided to explain the forms and make it easier for you to apply for parental allowance.
For births from 01.09.2021
Information sheets and attachments
- Deferral of parental benefit months for engaging in any system relevant activity during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Change in assessment period for loss of income due to Covid 19 pandemic - Parent 1.
- Change in assessment period for loss of income due to Covid 19 pandemic - Parent 2.
- Change in the assessment period due to deferred receipt of parental allowance for an older child - parent 1
- Change in assessment period due to deferred receipt of parental allowance for an older child - parent 2.
- Receipt of income replacement benefits due to income loss from Covid 19 pandemic.
- Employer certificate
- Explanation profit income
For births until 31.08.2021
Parental allowance application form Berlin - Our video fill out help
The parental allowance application forms are sometimes very complicated. In our video “Parental allowance application form Berlin – Our video fill out help” we show you how to fill out the parental allowance application using an example case.
Which parental allowance office is responsible for me in Berlin?
In Berlin, there is a responsible youth welfare office for each city district, which acts as a parental allowance office. To find out which parental allowance office is your contact for applying for basic parental allowance or parental allowance plus, you will then find a list of all youth welfare offices in the city of Berlin. Once you have found your responsible parental allowance office in Berlin, submit your forms to the respective youth welfare office in your city district. We will be happy to assist you with further questions regarding your parental allowance application in Berlin.
Here you will find information about the parental allowance offices Berlin.
The safest way to apply for parental allowance in Berlin
Here we have compiled useful tips from practice for you to avoid unnecessary complications for you as parents when applying for basic parental allowance and parental allowance plus. If you consider these points before filling out your application forms for the city of Berlin, you will automatically optimize the application process to your advantage.
- Deal with the topic early and try to plan the best parental allowance for your life situation
- Optimize their income before the birth
- Prepare the applications (parental allowance, child benefit, maternity leave payment, etc.) already before the birth
- After the birth, gather all the required documents (documents, certificates, etc.) as soon as possible so that your applications can be submitted to the parental allowance office as soon as possible.
What all do you need for the parental allowance application?
The responsible youth welfare offices/parental allowance offices in Berlin require the submission of certain forms and certificates before applying for parental allowance. You will need the application form for basic parental allowance or parental allowance plus, as well as certificates of your income, your child’s birth certificate, certificates from your employer and health insurance company, identification documents of the parents, and any existing notices of ALGI and sickness compensation. When applying for parental allowance, make sure that all personal data (e.g. time periods, etc.) are correctly stated in the certificates in order to create an optimal basis for applying for basic parental allowance or parental allowance plus at your responsible parental allowance office in Berlin.
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate
- Proof of income
- Certificates from the health insurance company
- Certificates from the employer
- Identity cards
- Approval notices (recipients of ALG I, sickness compensation, etc.)
- passport and residence permit, if applicable
- Income tax notice, etc.
Tips for the parental allowance application
- 1. Optimize your prenatal income The amount of your parental allowance is based on your prenatal income. Try to optimize your prenatal income with regard to parental allowance.
- 2. Plan your reference period Every family situation is different. Think carefully about which reference option is best for your life situation. Compare alternatives and consider your needs/ideas and those of your partner, employer, etc.
- 3. Prepare the applications and the required documents in the best possible way Get an overview of all the required certificates and documents for the parental allowance application in Berlin to make it easier to fill out the forms and optimize the application process at the parental allowance office.
Online parental allowance application for Berlin
For the city of Berlin there is the possibility to fill out the parental allowance application online. For this, parents can register at ElterngeldDigital and then fill out your application forms. You can access practical functions such as the favorability test, additional earnings calculator and intelligent reference period planner with the help of the Parental Allowance Software from Einfach Elterngeld.
FAQ: Application for parental allowance Berlin
- Where should I send the application for parental allowance in Berlin?
- Where must the parental allowance application be submitted?
- How long does the processing time of the parental allowance application take in Berlin?
- Is it possible to fill out the parental allowance application online?
- From when can the parental allowance application be submitted?